RE: [oletrucks] Front Clips

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Front Clips
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:59:01 -0500
John,
Vette stuff is cool!
Couple of things:
Yes, the c10 stuff has the frame to the inside of the saddle. The spacers I
used were 3/8 inch thick, between the frame and the c10 saddle
A kit to mount up that vette suspension into your truck exists, but someone
on the list said a lot of the stuff you won't be using... I have no
experience in this install (only because I couldn't afford the parts). But I
am installing Jaguar XJ6 front and rear suspensions in my truck with a 425
big block Buick motor, so anything is possible!

I do everything myself, because I'm cheap... I have to be, I cannot effect
the household budget with my toys...so I work on other people's cars ad
trucks to make the money to play. This also affords me to see how other cars
and trucks are put together (and how they come apart) I've also developed a
friendship with the local dismantler (junk yard) to get stuff cheap or even
free if I take care of removal.

So in a nutshell yes you can install that vette stuff under your truck, get
the brake master cylinder while you're at it so it's a matched system. Use
the premises: "when in doubt make it stought" and "keep it simple stupid
(KISS)"
I would think quite a bit of designing is ahead for you unless you can
afford the "pre-engineered" kit. Jim Myers is the crew who makes the kit I'm
thinking of. As I stated I do it all my self so I have no affiliation with
him or his company, nor do I have experience with that kit, but if they can
do it so can you.

Jon P.