RE: [oletrucks] Random questions - re: Dusty's '50 GMC

To: "'tim'" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>, Ole Truckers
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Random questions - re: Dusty's '50 GMC
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:32:41 -0400
Tim,
I considered the headliner area, but in all my cars and trucks and vans...
having the speakers above my head played with the sound somehow.
I'm using sheet metal brackets covered in sound nulling foam with reflector
bowls (don't know what their really called) so the sound only goes out into
the cabin.
I have the room for mid range speakers on the same brackets but, depending
on how it sounds will determine if I put them in there or not.

If you want to go into the doors you can fabricate a bracket to support
speakers in place of the stock access plate on the lower door, and use the
"no wire" door contacts found in street rod magazines. This will minimize
alterations.

Another good spot for a set is behind the seat  just below the sheet metal
inner roof.
If you go to aftermarket or later model seats, the Fiero GT came with
speakers built into the head rests.
Jon C. Peters