[oletrucks] 1950 1/2 ton brakes question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1950 1/2 ton brakes question
From: LonG4VT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:02:13 EDT
I worked on my brakes yesterday and could not get them to hold pressure.  I
would pump the brake and get good peddle, then I would let off for 2 or 3
seconds and it would go right to the floor.  We bled all the lines and they
seem fine. My question is this; when I remove the fill cap on the master
cylinder and push the peddle down, fluid comes shooting up from the cylinder
into the reservoir.  Is this normal or do I have a bad master cylinder?  Did
I not bleed it right or am I missing a trick that only ole' time truckers
know?  Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Lon