Re: [oletrucks] 1950 1/2 ton brakes question

To: LonG4VT@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1950 1/2 ton brakes question
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:51:30 -0700
I've bled probably 20-25 brake systems(at least), including my son-in-laws
this weekend, and I've never seen a master cylinder "spit up" the way yours
does. I think you need to take it back. The last time I put a rebuilt master
cylinder in my 78 Scout, it took three before I got one that worked. The
first two leaked and wouldn't hold pressure.With many of the rebuilds being
done south of the border, QC seems to be on the weak side. My IH parts
supplier won't sell rebuilt items any more because he's been embarrassed so
often. I used to rebuild my own master cylinders, but in the case of my
son-in-laws/daughters 76 Jeep, it's either a rebuild or a new one. No
rebuild kit was available. Bob K in PHX, AZ