Re: [oletrucks] Radials for '51 3100

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radials for '51 3100
From: NSurles@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:17:37 EDT
In a message dated 5/14/2002 10:06:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
archambeault@earthlink.net writes:

> What is he WIDTH of your 16 " wheels ?  Six lug I assume.

The wheels on my 55 2nd are 8 inches wide.  They are chrome spoke type and
yes, they are 6 lug.  The steering is stock and is tough at standstill.  But
it is well worth it when on the highway.  I routinely drive it on the
Interstate at 65 mph, with a stock 235, manual 3 speed transmission and 3.90
gears.

I bought the wheels about 15 years ago at a wheel shop in Las Vegas.  They
have held up very well in North Carolina's weather.  If I could just keep the
dogs off!

Sonny