Re: [oletrucks] Radials for '51 3100

To: moodyjrm@ciusa.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radials for '51 3100
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 04:25:20 +0000
Jerry,

I have 7.50R16s on my 51 Pcup and don't have any problems with clearance.  I
wanted the tallest skinny tire that there was and the 7.50 fills the bill.
My wheels are 6 inches wide and I think that the minimum wheel width for
7.50 or 215 tires is 5 inches but your tire guy would know for sure.
Radials are the only way to go, at least for me.  Some members swear by bias
ply tires but they have sway bars to keep them tracking straight down the
road.  Radials take the fear out of driving as well as eliminating the white
knuckle syndrome.

Durwood