[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1629

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1629
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:48:01 -0600
Jerry:

I have 235-85R16s on the rear and 225-85R16s on the front. No problems
in over 5 years. They may be a bit wide for the wheels, but they seem ok
and the load rating is good enough for my 350 Imp gal water tank (even
though the truck GVW is not!!). For several years before these
tires/wheels, I used 15" wheels with 225-75R15 radials. They worked very
well, but I wanted to change back to the 16" wheels. Anyway, definitely
go with the radials.

Dave Q.
'52 1300

From: "Jerry R  Moody" <moodyjrm@ciusa.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Radials for '51 3100

I am at a point where I must make a decision on tires for my truck. I
have
looked at and compared radials of various sizes. I am concerned that
radials
are much too large. The  215 / 70R16 radial appears to be the best fit
replace the old  6.00X16 tires.  Does any one have experience with
radials on
these old trucks that they will share?  If you were making the purchase
again
would you go with  bias tires or radials?
Jerry '51 3100