[oletrucks] Trailer Hitch

To: "Ole Trucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Trailer Hitch
From: Jim Wilkerson <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:54:23 -0400
Hello!

I am building a custom 53 Chevy 1/2 ton with modern 350 EFI and 4l60E trans.
The rear end is a GM 10 bolt w/ 3.73 ratio.  I would like to use this truck
occasionally for towing.  The most I plan to tow is a flat trailer for hauling
cars to/from shows, etc.  I'm planning to keep the bumpers stock front and
rear.  It seems to me that a hitch that ties the rear frame rails together at
the very back of the truck would be a good place.  Has anyone done this?   Can
anyone suggest a model and manufacturer of the appropriate hitch?  Is this
something that would have to be custom built?   What other mods should I plan
to make to the truck (i.e external trans cooler? (radiator already has built in
cooler for trans), external oil cooler?, HD shocks?).

Thanks in advance.

Jim Wilkerson