Re: [oletrucks] Trailer Hitch

To: "Jim Wilkerson" <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trailer Hitch
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:20:05 -0700
Jim, you might want to check with u-haul. They install frame mounted
hitches, which is what you want. I think they have the capability to put
together a unit for your needs. There are a couple of different capacities
available, but that would be determined by your pick-up, how it's going to
be equipped, and the weight of the total trailer and load combination. I
towed a 4500 LB travel trailer with a 71 IH Travelall (Like a suburban) with
a 1/2 ton 4X4 chasis, 345 engine, and 727 Chrysler transmission. I did put
in an extra external transmission oil cooler. I towed that trailer with  for
abt 20,000 miles with no trouble except a failed brake controller. That was
exciting!! You might also want to think abt updating your brakes to discs,
at least in front. Bob K in PHX, AZ