Re: [oletrucks] hood emblem--V8 vs 6 cyl

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hood emblem--V8 vs 6 cyl
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 16:17:05 -0400
The Hood Emblem at "the auction" is for a 1959, they are about 4" tall and
span almost all of the way across the hood.  The '58 Hood Emblem is shaped
like the 56/57, but has the finger grip slot on its bottom edge.

The 56/57 Hood Emblems are the same however they are painted opposite of
each other ('56 has Red bowtie/Black back ground while the '57 has  Black
bowtie/Red back ground).  Both years had the plain 6 cylinder and "V" V8
versions available.

Both '55-2 and '56 used the  same "V8" emblems mounted below the Fender
Emblem on the fender.  The '57 has just a plain "V" (no 8) and it is mounted
straight behind the Fender Emblem on the door.

The fender "V8" for '55-2/'56 and the "V" for '57 are available in
reproduction for about $20 each.

Clear as mud, right!

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker