Re: [oletrucks] I am wondering?

To: <Alan_Quin@telus.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] I am wondering?
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 22:25:00 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
Allan, this is old, so maybe you fixed already but,,, even in the new tru=
ck
factories they use wood blocks, nylon blocks and levers and "things" that
they just put into the hinge areas or around door edges and push the door=
close position to bend it. Door doesn't close of course, you have to "spr=
ing
 it off the block of wood or whatever till it gives enough to cure the
alignment problem. I have a 56 Ford shop manual and it describes this ver=
same method quite well and with pictures if you can find one of those to
look at. Maybe your Library would have a book on that or manuals. I would
bet about any earlier manual would have same articles in it. Ask at a loc=
al
body shop, once they fixed my new truck door by similar flexing, he may h=
ave
ideas.=0D
=0D
G. L.Perry=0D