[oletrucks] Re: CRUSHER TO BALTIMORE...Truck report 6/8/02 by Jerry

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: CRUSHER TO BALTIMORE...Truck report 6/8/02 by Jerry
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 22:19:06 EDT
        I just got back from an all-day AMC Rambler demolition, three of us
Potomac Rambler club guys stripped a '67 Rambler American of most it's useful
parts left. The owner Chris, he was extremely helpful and cheap on prices,
he's just grateful that some of the vehicles will be saved. He had quite a
few 63-66 Chevy trucks, some ADs ( a big 1-ton or bigger rusty cab and bed,
and a much nicer '50s model 3600 that had some restoration effort on it. An
El Camino that was hodge-podge, a few Dodge late '60's muscle cars , a few
Ford '60's trucks. Most were rusty and really would have been major projects
- most were, in my opinion, parts vehicles. VW bugs were there, too. A '69
Impala convertible that needed work, but was definitely saveable. An IH
truck, some guy was there taking parts off it, left the 345 motor. And late
model junk, not worth mentioning, really. His '61 Chevy Tow truck was big and
VERY rusty, he wanted $300 for it, the twin boom rig alone should be worth
that.
    On the Rambler side, he had a '63 Cross Country wagon that my friend Ben
bought, and two '64 year Classics that were 6-cylinder powered, rusty some,
but lots of good parts. We left those two classics alone. After meandering
around for an hour looking, I decided to buy the '30's Studebaker truck motor
they had, for $50. Then I helped my buds strip the little Rambler til it was
nuthin' but a shell. For only $90, we came home with two truck loads of parts
off the car. Nice haul! I"m whupped. :D  So, next weekend is IT, the crushers
will have their equipment there on Saturday, but won't start til Monday, so
still have time to buy a whole vehicle, or just parts off of it. Doubt I'll
buy anything more, though. Need to ditch some cars myself first.
    So, that's my report, don't expect anything worth restoring , the one
nice 3600 AD is probaby worth buying, the rusty big one not, and not much
else, unless you like big block Ford motors, they're laying around there in
the field, were next to the Studebaker motor.
Jerry in Virginia
tired but some good stuff cheap...