Re: [oletrucks] '53 Door glass holder

To: archambeault@earthlink.net, greg@a1glass.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '53 Door glass holder
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 15:09:13 -0700
I also purchased the tape from Chevy Duty, I got one for the vent windows
and one for the doors.  I couldn't remember which one went with which, so I
tried one and the window frame on the bottom of the door glass would just
fall right off, so I looked at the other and it is slightly thicker.  It
went on pretty tight when pushing it on by hand, and I can't make it move
when trying to pull it back off.  Is this tight enough? (I've heard people
using a special tool and hammering them on)  So you might try a different
thickness of the tape.  Also, someone told me to use linseed oil when
putting in the lockstrip for the raer windows in the cab.  It stayed
lubricated, but I forgot to wipe some of it off which had run down the cab.
A few days later I could hardly get it off, I had to rub on it extremely
hard for hours.