RE: [oletrucks] battery problems

To: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] battery problems
From: Brian J Luebke <luebkeb@zibsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:48:38 -0500
it's possible that he inadvertantly "flashed" his regulator
so that it charges negative now.

although I haven't done it for a while, the procedure to
reverse the polarity of the regulator has to do with a
screwdriver and momentarily shorting out some posts in the
regulator.  it's possible a jump start could have caused a
sufficient "flash" that the polarity change.

he's gotta measure the output of the generator/regulator.