RE: [oletrucks] New Member and Question

To: "Stern,Jason" <JStern@elections.state.la.us>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] New Member and Question
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:04:38 -0500
Check the driver's side door jam for a serial number tag.  I think the Chevy
tags were as high as the windshield and I know the GMC tags were nearer the
bottom.  Sounds like you have a GMC dash, which means that either the cab was
originally GMC or someone went to a lot of trouble to put a GMC dash (much
better looking in my humble opinion) in a Chevy cab.

I've attached a picture of my 57 GMC dash to this e-mail for you Jason.  It
has the deluxe trim, that is chrome bezels around the instruments and chrome
(actually reproduction stainless) trim panels.

I have the decode info for the GMC serial number.