Re: [oletrucks] New member

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New member
From: "Ryan Langford" <rlangford@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:29:30 -0700
> The list archives resides at
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/american/chevygmtruck/index.html
>
> --wayne

Well, I don't know if I'm just not using the search engine right or
what, but I couldn't find a single message reguarding swapping out
front ends for something more modern.  I could grab a tape measure
and raid the local junk yard, but was hoping to get some suggestions
from other people that have been through the pain of doing this.

55 Chevy truck 1/2 ton, Want to put in a front end out of some
car that has the usual A-arm suspension, rack and pinion and
disk brakes of course.  Anyone here done something like this?

I know they sell kits for installing seperate components to match
the frame....but frankly, they are way to spendy for my taste.  Thats
why I bought a welder and torch  :)

Ryan
rlangford@attbi.com