[oletrucks] New member

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] New member
From: "Ryan Langford" <rlangford@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:18:05 -0700
I was on this list when it first started, but got rid of my
57' Chevy truck due to lack of funds to get the project
in running condition, and dropped the list.  But today,
I bought a 55' Chevy Apachee, and decided it was
time to reinstate myself into the money-sucking world
of old trucks  :)  I'm in Seattle, WA, and my "new"
truck definitely needs some love.  A whole lot of love.

I'm not in a hurry to get cracking on it, because
I have other money-sucking projects going right
now that have first priority.  But....I would like
to convert it over to 350 chevy V8 (I know, everyone
does it, how boring, but it works well). And get
the brakes updated, and get power steering
and modern front suspension on it.  I'm sure there's
several people on here that have done such. I have
heard that there is several donar cars that work
well for "borrowing" the front end, but if I could be
pointed at an archive, or web site for some good
info on this subject, I'd appreciate it.

I'll have a perfectly good running straight 6 up for
grabs if anyone is interested when I finally convert
over, but it will be a while.  I don't think the tranny
is stock, but I'm not sure.  3 on the tree.  But
that will be availible too.

And I'm sure this next issue has been ran over to death....
it has cancer, more than I'd like.  I have a decent
selection of fabrication tools and was planning
on attempting some repairs with this.  I'm not
looking to get it exactly like stock, but adventaully
I want to get the body looking nice.  Any links to
sites or archives on this would be great too.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan
rlangford@attbi.com