Re: [oletrucks] radio and speaker installation

To: <Mghardy001@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] radio and speaker installation
From: "Billy Gibson" <bgibson@mcc4u.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:35:54 -0500
Mike
There is no easy way to run the wire,HeHeHe but the best way I have found is
thru the sunvisor hole stick a stiff wire down the post and draw your
speaker wire upthru the hole,some times u can pull the wire up and over and
lay it in the area above the windshield, but if you cannot you will have to
do the same the with the stiff wire in the area over the windshield and pull
the wire out of the hole you make for the wire to connect to the
speaker,clear as mud right?

The heat gauge,good luck, I have been working on mine for quite some time,
with mixed results, I have changed the dash unit out with four different
units with four different results.
I have changed the sending unit on the motor three times.
The Manuel says if the hand goes all the way to the right it could be a
short???
One of mine did that when I had the wires crossed??
The one I now have after warm-up it goes all the way to the end of the white
to the right and stays there,
I have checked with a thermometer and the temp is 180
so I know it's not running hot. Someone on the list said he had heard that
there was a difference between a 200 ohm and a 300 ohm sending unit but I
have not been able to find anything other than the ones sold by FLAP and
Chevy Duty all with the same # on the bottom of the unit.

SORRY YOU ASK YET???
I would be interested when you find your problem and if I find mine I will
let you know

Hoot58