RE: [oletrucks] Leaking carb

To: "'Dana Muise'" <dana@spazzco.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Leaking carb
From: "Brian J Luebke" <luebkeb@zibsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:15:55 -0500
Even if you can snug up the fitting, the threads may be sort of stripped.
the threads actually help make the seal.  I would try all new lines (i.e.
new flares, etc) and new fittings.  look inside the inlet, is the seat where
the fitting should seal smooth and flush, may have been damaged by over
tightening.  if so, then you either have to have a machinist fix it or find
a new carb.  it could be leaking between the line and fitting also, another
reason to get new of each.

also, is there any side torque on the line after it's tightened, make sure
the line lines up nice before threading it in, you shouldn't have to hold it
in place to get is started.  any side pressure may cause a leak, especially
if everything isn't just right with the threads and seat.

good luck

Brian