[oletrucks] Valve Lash

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Valve Lash
From: Rick N Wagner <rnwagner@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:40:23 -0500
I know it has most likely been posted before, but does anyone know for
sure the correct valve lash for a GMC 228 c.i. engine. The manual says to
refer to the sticker on the valve cover. Mine did not have a sticker any
longer. The manual says to set lash (after a overhaul to .12 intake and
.20 exhaust. It makes no mentions of normal engine except to set them
with the engine hot/warmed up to operating temp. If someone know for sure
what works on the Jimmy 228 I would really appreciate the info. I have
them set now but still get some rattle from one or two at rpms. Idle
seems to be quiet. Let me know and thanks in advance!! Rick
Rick Wagner-Kansas City,Mo--53 GMC Suburban--49 Chevy Suburban--52 Chevy
Pick-up--49 Chevy Pick-up