Re: [oletrucks] 50 GMC

To: "tim" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>, "Ole Truckers"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 50 GMC
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:33:54 -0500
No, the article says 3/4 & 1 Ton, not 1/2.  And, in fact, this WON'T work on
1/2 ton closed driveshaft models (AD 47-54).  And don't know if it would
work on 55-1st & up or not, but there wouldn't be any reason to do it.  The
gears they talk about putting in are 4.11; that is what is in a 1/2 ton to
start.

Go look for an old 4WD Blazer rear (4WD will be 6 lug); there are 3 or more,
higher than 4.11, ratios to choose from & the width is very close.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX