[oletrucks] 50 GMC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 50 GMC
From: Cat849@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:06:44 EDT
Good morning. I finally was able to get my 50 GMC trailered to my shop over
the weekend. What a beauty. This truck spent most of it's time on a cattle
ranch in eastern Oregon. Needless to say rust will not be a big problem in
the restoration of this vehicle. The pickup is a 3/4 ton.
My question is can I change the gearing in the rear end? If so what gear
ratio should I look for so to accommodate a higher gearing for highway
travel? Thanks for any suggestions or comments..........