[oletrucks] vintage truck bed - retry!!!!!!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] vintage truck bed - retry!!!!!!
From: "Brian J Luebke" <luebkeb@zibsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:06:20 -0500
Hey Gang,
I recently saved a truck bed from the trash heap. (side note, I never
understand how somebody that is going to trash something, won't give it to
you after you express interest in it. All of a sudden it has a value and you
have to pay, hmmm, human nature is so interesting) So, I had to buy this bed
so the guy wouldn't throw it away.

I was wondering if you guys could help me identify the year of this thing.
It looks like the same box that's on my 46 GMC, but I haven't had a chance
to measure it yet. ( I actually don't have it home yet). I beleive it's a
30's or 40's chevy long box. it has three stake pockets on each side. Sides
are unbelievably straight, I couldn't beleive my eyes.

Anyway, I think the boxes are the same from '34 (guess) to '46.
Is that true?? if not, what differences are there between the years so I can
identify this thing.
My intentions are to sell it, if I can identify the year of it. Thanks for
the help guys.

Brian

=======   Auto Signature  =================================
www.zibsoft.com