[oletrucks] clutch trouble in my '59 Chevy

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] clutch trouble in my '59 Chevy
From: Truck Guy <chevy620@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 07:41:51 -0400
Last fall I lost the throw-out bearing in my truck and decided it was
time to rebuild the clutch assembly in it's entirety.  I went to NAPA and
ordered the necessary parts for a 1959 Chevy Apache 3/4 ton with 235, but
when they came in they were the wrong size parts.  So I went out and
pulled the old parts checked the serial numbers only to find they were
from a 261, apparently the farmer that owned my truck at one time changed
out the original parts for those from another truck.  So I ordered the
new parts, got 'em but when I went to install them I just can't seem to
make it fit after quite a while I've now got all but the original clutch
fork in but it just won't go in, there just doesn't seem to be enough
space between the pressure plate and the knob the clutch fork sits on to
squeeze it in.  All my ideas have failed and the truck hasn't even moved
this summer.  I hope somebody out  there has already gone through this
and can offer a few suggestions.

Nate

1959 Chevy Apache 3600
1985 Ford Ranger R100