RE: [oletrucks] CA Title

To: "Kenneth T. Sandell" <kensandell@attbi.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] CA Title
From: "haist" <whitney@haist-usa.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:04:37 -0700
This shouldn't be a problem because after 5 years of inactivity, the VIN is
purged from the system.  I bought a teardrop trailer that the seller swore
had been non-op but when I went to CSAA it had 4 years of fees and fines
against it. I just spent the next year restoring the trailer and went back
and the whole problem was gone!

If I were you, I'd go into CSAA and verify that the VIN is out of the
system.  If so, then start your app for new reg.  CSAA will send you to DMV
for that.

Good luck.  Oh it's fun to beat those guys at their own game!

Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA
Chevy trucks: 1928,1939,1946.
http://www.haist-usa.com/oldtrucks