Re: [oletrucks] Bed assembly

To: <jonkunkel@attbi.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bed assembly
From: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:42:40 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
John, Carters was cheap?? New one to me. Anyway, he also sells a little
booklet for about $4 that tells and shows bed assembly and such. Get it!
On the x-members.....I don't think they fasten to sides at all. All but one
bolt to frame with blocks/pads/long bolts and them the wood is setting on
them and wood is bolted to sides at angles when sides set on. Doesn't bolt
to front panel either, again thru the wood. The rear one is part of metal on
outside of bed below gate, is usually welded at ends to sides. It DOES bolt
down to frame with little 1/4" pads under it.  It's about only one that is
solidly bolted until wood is installed. bed sides and front will move around
some till wood is in and metal is bolted to it.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN