Re: [oletrucks] New gears for highway speed in 54 3/4 ton

To: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New gears for highway speed in 54 3/4 ton
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:57:32 -0500
No Patrick gears for 3/4 ton. BUT, you can use early 70's maybe other years
pumpkin part, whole unit, and it is a bolt in deal. Gives some higher gears,
not a lot. Someone on this or other lists have done it and have a
picture/tech story either on their own site or maybe on www.chevytrucks.org
site? Check around. Ask on Forums at www.stovebolt.com too. That way you can
use orig axles, brakes and all. Think it has to be the "floater" type axles
that unbolt and pull out of ends of hubs.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com
Big AD trucks, COE