[oletrucks] New gears for highway speed in 54 3/4 ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] New gears for highway speed in 54 3/4 ton
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:08:00 -0600
I thought that someone had mentioned a place that now supplies new gears to
fit into the housing of a 54 3/4 ton truck. Was I dreaming?  I could not
find the original post on the archives. Seems like it was Patricks, but
couldn't find anything there that said 3/4 ton.  I want to check out the
differences in price for keeping the original 3/4 ton rearend with new,
more highway compatiable gearing, versus swapping out for a Nova (or some
such) rearend.  I would prefer to keep the truck "heavy duty" as I will be
using it to haul lots of stuff here and there.

Anyone got any suggestions?

BobK
51 3600 5-window (still in pieces with a 54 3600 frame)
Arnaudville, LA