Re: [oletrucks] BIG LUGS!!

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "mark" <ccpanel@jps.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] BIG LUGS!!
From: "Mike Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:07:11 -0500
I have never seen a 5 lug set-up no anything other than the 4000 series
(1-1/2 ton) TF trucks.  They had 5 lugs on the front and 10 on the rear and
all of the wheels are punched with 10 holes so they will work on either end.

The 5000 series and up all had 6 lug front and rear and used 3/4" studs with
1-1/2" nuts.  The only exception to this is they did use a 10 lug with an
11-3/4" center hole on some of the Tandems and School Bus (special order
only).

Are you sure there are 5 and not 6?  We are talking about Disc wheels and
not Dayton's (cast spokes with donut rims) right?

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake
'56 8400 Wrecker