[oletrucks] tail light question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] tail light question
From: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:46:53 -0500
I'm having problems with installing another tail light on my 49 panel.  I
ran wires from the original taillight (left) on the drivers side over to a
duplicate light on the passenger side (right). Depending on how the two
wires on the right are connected to the left, the left brake light will be
bright and the right real dim. With the tail and brake light connected, when
the brake is on the right tail will go dark completely and the left brake
will be bright.

Do I have a ground problem and if so how do I correct.  The grounding for
both lights is through the connection of the light to the rear doors (the
same principal as for the parking lights up front grounded through the
connection of the light housing to the grill.). I also noticed that the
right parking light (passenger side) is dim while the drivers side is
bright.

Stumped