[oletrucks] GMC retro speed equipment

To: "NAPCO_trucks" <napco4x4@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC retro speed equipment
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 08:45:17 -0800 (PST)
I picked up a GMC speed manual from early 1955 on E**y.  It is all about
hotrodding GMC
sixes and references GMC part numbers and brands for alternate heads, intakes,
and
exhausts such as Fisher, McGurk, and Nicson.  Setups range from 1 to 5 carbs.
Since
I've been wanting to stick with retro/period performance products on my 58
NAPCO, I'd
like to try to find/build some of this stuff.  I especially found this
interesting as
I've been told that there was no speed equipment for the GMCs.

If anyone needs any info or has any leads on parts (Mc Gurk, Nicson, Fisher),
let me
know and we'll sort thru the book.  I'd like to eventually scan the book and
post it but
have no idea as to copyright issues; if anyone has a clue there, please let me
know.

Who else would be interested in this material?

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban, 2wd, V8, 3 speed  +  OD
58  GMC NAPCO pickup, 1/2 ton short bed fleetside/wideside, 6 cyl, 4 speed
Knoxville,TN