Re: [oletrucks] GMC retro speed equipment

To: <mark@noakes.com>, "NAPCO_trucks" <napco4x4@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GMC retro speed equipment
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 13:11:55 -0500
Hi Mark,

    If you're talking about Bill Fisher's "Yellow Book", It is indeed
covered by copyrights held by Mr. Fisher's son Howard, DBA "California
Bill's Automotive Handbooks", a spinoff of Fisher Books in Tucson AZ. I
don't know if there are plans to reprint this book, but other Fisher books
on Chevrolet, GMC and Buick performance have been reprinted and are
available from Amazon, Motorbooks etc.

    There is a lot of good engine building information in this book, but the
speed equipment references are very dated. Inliners International is your
best source for locating original (used) speed equipment, but there are
still some sources for new GMC hop-up parts:

    Langdon's Stovebolt Engine Co (www.stoveboltengineco.com) has repro
Nicson GMC headers;
Patrick's Antique Cars & Trucks (www.patricksantiquecars.com/) has Fenton
headers and Howard's cams and intake manifolds;

    Also, there is a new company (Wayne Mfg Co.) starting up in California
that has purchased the patterns for the Howard GMC heads from Arias, as well
as the long-lost Wayne Chevy 12 port crossflow patterns, and is negotiating
for rights to some of the other well-known inline speed parts from the 50's
which are mentioned in the Fisher book. As they say, retro is the latest
thing. See the web site below for more details.

Jack/Winter Park FL
www.inliners.org