Re: [oletrucks] More on the tail light question ( gounding,

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More on the tail light question ( gounding,
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 00:30:42 EST
In a message dated 12/15/02 10:21:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cachomeimp@hotmail.com writes:
<<
 However, I do not understand why... the  lights act the way they did,
especially the right side light going dark when  both lights were powered.  I
would still like to understand what was going  on. >>

Electricity is some STRANGE stuff, and just because you don't have a "normal"
ground, doesn't mean it can't find one thru another route. This happens alot
with trailer wiring, with a bad ground on one side, the hot wire probably
acts as a ground for the bulb element  with a bad ground, and when you power
both elements on both sides, it goes dark as the voltage drop increases
significantly on the one side as it has to go thru other under-dash circuitry
to make a ground somehow. Not sure it's ever been explained or scientifically
investigated, but it IS an interesting phenomena! Except when you're trying
to fix the dang truck to get it inspected! LOL.

Jerry in Virginia
'55 2nd TF Chevy Suburban