Re: [oletrucks] 700R4

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4
From: "The Browns" <armory@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 01:51:30 -0800
I only have a 350 tranny in my '51, but the family '92 GMC Suburban has
207,xxx miles on it and it is still going.  A bit surprised it has lasted
this long, never got more than 90k-95k out of a ford tranny.  It has taken
lots of abuse -highway and city driving, lots of towing, etc.  If/ when I
swap out the trany in my truck I will put a 700R in it.  One thing you might
want to look for if you get a stock built/ junkyard tranny is one out a
heavier duty truck.  We have a heavy half with a towing package and it
actually has a 700r6- beefed up from the factory.
Eric Brown
        1951 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton Pick-up "Christine"
        1951 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe "Ms. Kitty"
        1967 Chevrolet C10 1/2 ton Pick-up "Bubba"