RE: [oletrucks] Any more advice on IFS or Rear End swaps for TF

To: "'Carl & Becky Ham'" <the_hams@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Any more advice on IFS or Rear End swaps for TF
From: "David B. Cushing" <david_b_cushing@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:41:31 -0800
For what is worth, I went with No Limit Engineering's Wide Ride IFS for
my 57, the complete kit, hub to hub was $2400.00.  I choose this set up
because it was specifically designed for the truck, and the company is
located near me, so I had a lot of good tech support.  It was all done
on the phone though, and they are very willing to help.  I can't tell
you how it rides, my truck isn't any where near complete yet.  If you do
not have there catalog, I can scan and send you the pages out of the
latest version.  If you are interested, you can see my installation at:
http://home.pacbell.net/davecush/ifs.htm as you can see, it is not for
the faint of heart when it comes to welding.  It took me and a friend of
mine (professional welder) about 17 hours to fully install.  Also, I
attached the installation instructions so you can see what is involved.
The TCI and Hiedts should be about the same.

As for the rear end, I went with a custom leaf spring and Ford 9 inch.

Dave Cushing
1957 3100.