Re: [oletrucks] steering box, TF truck

To: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] steering box, TF truck
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:17:51 -0500
Loosen the jam nut and turn the screw in or clockwise, this will tighten
the gear mesh. Don't expect to cure all the slop out of it with just that,
i found most of mine disappeared after replacing the drag link. I had my
wife get in and turn the steering wheel to and fro as I probed around
looking for moving and non moving parts. A lot was obvious this way, but
anyway turn the screw in to tighten.    --wayne

At 06:16 PM 1/16/03 -0800, Devin Timmons wrote:
>Hey all-  Need some information.  I have a '57 3100, and the steering is
>sloppy as all get out.  I know the box has some adjustment, just can't
>remember which way to go to tighten it up, as either direction doesn't seem to
>do any good.  Probably need a new box, but I'd rather try to get this one to
>work better for the time being.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Devin

Wayne Osborne