Re: [oletrucks] More on Diesels ; build a 427 SMALL BLOCK with

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More on Diesels ; build a 427 SMALL BLOCK with
From: Joseph Brancheck <jbrancheck@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 23:04:19 -0800 (PST)
I've seen the site also.  Can't find it anymore.
There were no Chevy parts used.  An Olds 430 CID crank
was put in it and and because the cylinder walls were
thicker, it was bored out (alot).  It used all
oldsmobile parts.  From what I've read, The Olds gas
block isn't as durable as the hard core guys would
like, so they use the diesel block and convert to gas.
 I saw an article in an engine magazine a while back.
The block required alot of machine work but used off
the shelf and parts along with a junkyard crank.