Re: [oletrucks] Smaller of the small blocks

To: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Smaller of the small blocks
From: "Dean Stoops" <67gto@myvine.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:43:50 -0500
Hi, Spencer
Chevy used that combination (305 700R4) in quite a few of their pickups. I
believe the the 305 has a longer stroke than any of the other small
displacement engines you mentioned. A long stroke means more low RPM torque
which is what you want in a truck. Be very careful regarding your
cam/compression ratio/manifold combination. I would look at a matched set
(intake and cam) from Edelbrock. Your on the right track if you want
affordability....you can build a S/B Chevy cheaper than anything else.
Dean
95 K2500 6.5 TD
Lookin fer a 49-55 panel