Re: [oletrucks] Smaller of the small blocks

To: <mark@noakes.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Smaller of the small blocks
From: "Don" <ppm@accesscomm.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:24:11 -0800
I have had good luck with a 305 in an 86 Caprice wagon that I use to
trailer, tow-bar and haul parts for my ole trucks. 450,000 kilometers or
280,000 miles. Will use 1 quart oil @2000 miles, runs strong yet. carb or
engine never touched, 1 fuel pump, plugs and ignition done once. 1 starter.
Still gives 23 mpg no load. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it has been good to
me. Regular oil lube and filter every 2000 miles.

Regards,
Don {Canada]