Re: [oletrucks] Smaller of the small blocks

To: <kpierce@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Smaller of the small blocks
From: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:43:33 -0800
Thanks, everyone.  Your personal experience and technical knowhow is exactly
what I was hoping for.

The reason I first thought about the 305 and the 700R4 is because my dad's
'84 1/2 ton has that combo with 200,000+ miles on it. The engine still has
plenty of poop and gets 20 mpg.  The 700R4 automatic overdrive seems to work
with the 305's low end torque.  His engine does ping more than I like, which
one of you guys mentioned.  I'm assuming I can figure a way around that.

Harry