Re: [oletrucks] American Autowire -- Classic Update wiring

To: "53ChevyTruck" <kmm1024@webstorehosting.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] American Autowire -- Classic Update wiring
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:28:01 -0800
I've taken more than one route in the past.  I once adapted the wiring
harness from a '65 Impala into a '54 Austin Healey.  That was fun.

For an employer I once bought all the individual parts and rewired four
trucks.  Somewhere out there now is a '52 International, a '58 F**d and two
'64 F**ds all wired like an old Chevy, because they let me make up my own
diagram and that was the pattern I was familiar with.  I suppose they have
long since entered some rusting graveyard, but I'd rather think my wiring
job kept them on the road a couple more decades.

I'm not afraid of wiring, but looking at the price tag on the Painless and
Ron Francis kits I'm thinking next time I'll just buy from one of them.  I
don't know why the other kit is so much more money.