[oletrucks] Re: Steering Upgrade

To: rswarich@yahoo.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Steering Upgrade
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:01:29 -0600
Rich:

That could have contributed to the problem, but I think the newer steering
box maybe doesn't have the arc with the pitman arm that the old system did.
I didn't make any adjustments to my kingpin/spindle stops with the "new"
steering box on the outside of the frame rail (I think perhaps the vendor
engineered the replacement pitman arm so you wouldn't be chewing-up tires
that way).

As I said before, the change in turning radius wasn't that significant.  I
feel it is an acceptable compromise for having power steering.  Thanks for
the comment.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL