Re: [oletrucks] RE: Brakes

To: steve@OldSub.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: Brakes
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:12:06 -0600
Steve:

I have an under-floor power brake conversion in my '56 and I'll admit it's a
pain to check or top-off the master cylinder.  When I did my conversion I
looked into remote reservoirs.  Cheapest plastic reservoirs and lines were
about $160, over $200 for stainless or billet aluminium kits.

I'm thinking seriously about cutting a section of the floor out above the
master cylinder and putting in a hinged cover with lock (I've seen stainless
ones for approx. $50).  Haven't looked too closely yet to make sure I won't
be cutting into and uneven part of the floor (or back as far as the seat).
You may think it unhandy to take up your carpet or floor mat when you want
the check the fluid level, but it sure beats crawling under the truck and
having brake fluid run down your arm!!

Let those of us on the list know if you find an economical reservoir system.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL