[oletrucks] RE: Brakes

Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Brakes
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:32:06 -0800
Thanks to everyone who offered help on my problem.

Today I pulled the cover off the master cylinder, pulled off the piece that is
supposed to hold it down, and tightened the bends to hold the lid down
tighter.

It seems to be working, fluid is no longer leaking, and after bleeding the
rear half of the brake system the pedal is back to the way it was before.  I
had to allow a fair amount of fluid out at the wheel cylinders until I got
air, which I thought confirmed that the air had entered the system at the
master cylinder.

That part of the system seems to work fine now.

However, given the difficulty in adding fluid to the dual master under the
floor boards has me thinking about remote reservoir master cylinders.  Does
anyone have experience with these that might help me decide, or choose which
one?