Re: [oletrucks] United Speedometer Shop

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] United Speedometer Shop
From: TOUCANMAN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:13:39 EST
chevysix@attbi.com writes:

> I have a friend in New Zealand who is looking to have some stock gages
> outfitted with electronic movements. He visited the website for United
> Speedometer Service in Riverside, CA and asked me if I had heard of any one
> who had used this outfit. I have never heard of them, I personally have a
> Dakota Electronic dash in my truck. Have any of you ever used them or heard
> of the quality of their work?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Ralph Linnell

Hi Ralph, they are very close to me, i have gotten old Stewart warner gauge
parts,fitings,ect from them. they have an amazing stock for everything
imaginable old and new.it is a fun place to look around..but i looked at
there 47 to 53 truck gauges and asked about them the most .they have a
display of the different styles of 47 to 53 gauges to look at...their redo
turn around can take 3 to 6 months depending on work load and
condition..theyer services are quite expensive too....i found you can get
reconditioned outright elsewhere for about half of their quote....they are
very professional and stand behind their work. they have been there for
decades..its always a busy counter.......they know guages.and all their work
is like showroom condition......out of curiosity i asked how much to do my
1970 VW Speedo and it was like 300 dollors.well you can get them on an
exchange basis rebuilt for 80.00 dollars at just about any VW shop... i did
my stock 53 GMC gauges and Speedo myself with the decal kit, new lenses
,seal,needle some lube and they practically look and work like new..for
something like 25 bucks. you gota stand on your head to install em.and make
sure the fuel gauge needle does not hit the lens all the way thru its
curve.mine only went about half way and hit the lens so i had to take it back
out and bend the arm a bit. ...tight wad Steve