RE: [oletrucks] 700 R

To: "'53ChevyTruck'" <kmm1024@webstorehosting.org>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 700 R
From: "George Perez" <g.perez@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:03:44 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded to my 700R post. I think it is an 89
also. What still has me puzzled is the strange looking counter weight
attached to the aft end of the housing? There are to L like brackets
attached on either side of the tail shaft spines (were the drive shaft
attaches). These brackets extend below the Trans. Then attached to the
bottom of the brackets are what appears to be a series of round wafers
about 6 or 7 inches in circumference and bolted together. Has any one
seen this before?