[oletrucks] Wiper motor replacement question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Wiper motor replacement question
From: JohnHuntD@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:20:39 EST
In restoring and 'modernizing' my 1949 Chevy 3600 I'm thinking of replacing
the stock vacuum windshield wiper motor with an electric wiper motor. Chevy
Duty lists one in their catalog for $149.95 and says it "Replaces old vacuum
motor perfectly, without modification."

I'd very much appreciate an e-mail from anyone who has replaced their old
Chevy truck vacuum wiper motor with an electric one, where they bought their
electric wiper motor, if it was a "perfect replacement without modification"
(rare in my experience with aftermarket replacements), and were they pleased
with the end result.

If anybody has bought an electric wiper motor from Chevy Duty I'd
particularly appreciate hearing your reactions. I bought a number of items
from Chevy Duty last year; most of it was very good, but a few items fit so
poorly I sent them back (which Chevy Duty to their credit cheerfully refunded
my money without hassle.)

Thank you in advance.

John Doak in Baltimore, MD