Re: [oletrucks] Wiper motor replacement question

To: <JohnHuntD@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiper motor replacement question
From: "bgibson" <bgibson@mcc4u.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:53:53 -0800
John,I bought a Wiper motor from Chevy Duty for My TF everything work fine,
But because of My own stupidity I had a problem, Yes, it was the ground
I had por-15 the underside of the dash and primed it and installed the wiper
motor and it didn't work After saying a few words I took it out and tried it
on the floor and it worked fine, so I put it back in, It didn't work, I said
a few more selected words and went into the house to cool off with a cold
beverage and thought what is the difference in laying it on the floor and
putting it in the dash,(standing on your head? no that can't be it) so I got
the bright idea of putting a ground wire on the thing and I was so happy
when it started wiping I celebrated by drinking another cold beverage ( now
I know what they mean when they say a cold beverage is good for you).
Another problem I had was the knob did not match the other knobs on my dash
so with a little epoxy putty and drill and tap I fixed that also.
Good Luck
HooT58