[oletrucks] re: is it stock...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] re: is it stock...
From: aren gabriel <deadmonkiracing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:19:12 -0800 (PST)
hey whats the big deal, yes you could get cars and trucks modified from
dealers, but no it dosen't make them stock!.. special yes, but stock, no...
forever dealers have been looking for ways to make extra buccks on there
customers. I for instance have a hearse, a 70 Cad, I had been intending to find
a suitable roof section to chop and install, when I went to a rat fink
getogether, I was shocked to see one already done, same year and already droped
on bags. I had to find the owner, and we hit it off, my first question to him
was, "What did the top come off of?" his response "I don't know, but I can show
you thhe paperwork." he let me see the original bill of sale from the dealer
(he was 2nd owner) it was a Cad stationwagon, one of 17, the bill said he
bought the car for around 4 grand, and paid an aditional 11 for the top
conversion.  It was a butifly executed top, and looks like it made the dealer
quite a bit of extra $. My point being, no they didn't build 67 ss elcos, but
yes the dealer would more than likely sell you the goods installed, parts thats
where they make there $. get the picture, anything for the $.. So no it was
probably not a factory modification, but jobbed out, remember these are
assebaly lines, kustom is not effeciant.  But don't think that I am trying to
talk bad about these types of cars, they are special, different, and rare for
sure, but no they where not built at the factory, like the guy with the tow
truck, I'm shure it was built at the time it was new, but I also guarentee that
it was built jobed out, do you realy think that someone on the line had the
time to shorten fenders and figure out kustom bumpers, or would the company
rather they spent time knocking out as many trucks on the line as possible, my
dollar is on the 2nd.

anyway, these strange birds are special, they where true hand crafted pieces,
stock or not.