[oletrucks] My brake pedal sticks, still

To: <Old-Burb-club@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] My brake pedal sticks, still
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:36:14 -0800
The brake pedal on my '55 1st Suburban sticks.

It seems to be hanging on the pivot just a little short of returning to full
rest.  It doesn't do it all the time, and seems only to do it if I have
stopped a little harder, like a light changes when I still should stop, but
might have been a little close.  So I think it has something to do with being
pushed a little further than normal.

This problem began at the same time I installed a dual master cylinder using
the CPP conversion bracket.  I think the bracket is forcing the plunger a
little further toward the center of the truck than stock, and maybe causing
the pedal to bind on the pivot.  But its not sticking at the furthest
depression, but rather when its been depressed further it does not return
quite all the way to full rest.

Anyone have any similar experience?  Anyone have any ideas?

Motor is a 60ish GMC 270 with what appears to be the original 4-speed behind
it, and I do have the original clutch pedal and associated parts in place.
I've replaced the brake return spring and that made no significant difference.

Should I just put a stronger spring on it?

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com
'54 Chevrolet 3100
'55.1 GMC Suburban